Our aim is that our fresh and exciting new school will encourage a passion for learning, promote creativity, allowing our children to grow and thrive on their journey through school.
School ethos and values
We believe the whole school community has a responsibility to promote and model a consistently positive attitude to learning and to every individual within our school. In order to achieve this we:
- Foster a culture of high expectation and attention to detail
- Encourage our children to express their views and make a positive contribution
- Develop an inclusive and open minded culture that encourages tolerance, respect and kindness towards others.
A Whole Education
We are committed to providing the best education we can in order that each child fulfils their full potential.
- Focus on reading, writing and maths
- Offer a varied and stimulating curriculum
- Encourage the key skills of resilience, perseverance, teamwork and independence
- Support pupils to take responsibility for their own learning.
An outstanding learning environment
We know that children learn best when they feel safe and happy. We achieve this by providing:
- A warm and friendly atmosphere based on mutual respect and trust
- A dedicated family of school staff who can provide the best possible care and outcomes for every child
- Outstanding new facilities offering stimulating and enriching opportunities for learning.
Mr Dafydd Lawday will assume the leadership of Lyde Green Primary School for September 2016 in addition to his current role as Headteacher of Charfield Primary School. Charfield is an Outstanding primary school managed by CSET and as such Mr Lawday is well placed to lead Lyde Green in the next phase of the school’s development. Mr Lawday, as part of his CSET responsibilities, has been undertaking some work on the preparation of Lyde Green for September, one day a week over recent months. He is now working closely with Marion Borland and her team to ensure that the superb education that your child has experienced since joining the school will continue next year.
What the parents say…
We are really happy with Lyde Green School. Oliver has settled in very well and really enjoys going to school.
- Oliver’s parents
Sophia loves her new friends.
- Sophia’s parents
What the children say…
I like Friday because it is fish and chips!
I like the teacher’s treasure chest because it has sounds and words.