Our school meals are currently provided by Aspens. More information about Aspens, the service which they provide and copies of their latest menus can be found here https://www.aspens-services.co.uk/schools/lyde-green-primary-school/
Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are currently entitled to a free school meal under the Government’s Universal Free School Meal (UFSM) initiative.
Free School Meals – Who qualifies for free school meals?
Under current rules, your child may be able to receive free school meals if you are in receipt of any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
Your child may also get free school meals if you receive any of these benefits and your child is both:
- younger than the compulsory age for starting school
- in full-time education
It is important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch or is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2. This is so we may receive additional funding (called Pupil Premium) which we use to support your child’s education.